Friday 12 February 2010

Yes surrender!

Just a little reflection on trust today. I've been thinking over this as a result of a Bible study on Philippians on being content in every circumstance. Why are we so often discontent...not enough money..not enough friends...not enough possessions? In reality its about not enough of God in our lives and no surrender to Him. So often we say to God 'No Surrender'...we can handle this ourselves...we can achieve whatever we want by ourselves. The answer is to humbly realise it's God we need...to rely on his strength through prayer for every detail of our life. To know him better by studying his word.

"Do you not find yourselves forgetful of Jesus? Some creature steals away your heart, and you are unmindful of him upon whom your affection ought to be set. Some earthly business engrosses your attention when you should have your eye steadily fixed upon the cross. It is the incessant round of world, world, world; the constant din of earth, earth, earth, that takes away the soul from Christ. Oh! my friends, is it not too sadly true that we can recollect anything but Christ, and forget nothing so easy as him whom we ought to remember? While memory will preserve a poisoned weed, it suffereth the Rose of Sharon to wither."

C.H. Spurgeon



To finish what a great song about surrender to God by J.W. Van Deventer :


1.All to Jesus I surrender,
All to Him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust Him,
In His presence daily live.

I surrender all,
I surrender all.
All to Thee, my blessed Savior,
I surrender all.

2.All to Jesus I surrender,
Humbly at His feet I bow,
Worldly pleasures all forsaken;
Take me, Jesus, take me now.

3.All to Jesus I surrender,
Make me, Savior, wholly Thine;
Let me feel Thy Holy Spirit,
Truly know that Thou art mine.

4.All to Jesus I surrender,
Lord, I give myself to Thee;
Fill me with Thy love and power,
Let Thy blessing fall on me.

5.All to Jesus I surrender,
Now I feel the sacred flame.
Oh, the joy of full salvation!
Glory, glory to His name!

No comments:

Post a Comment