Thursday 4 February 2010

The beginning

This is the beginning of my first blog. So hopefully it will continue. As time permits i will reflect on whatever is most pertinent to me. Today its about the mind.

"And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God." (Romans 12:2)

The mind is a wonderful thing...we think all the time sometimes subconsciously; as our mind processes that we need to move that hand to open the door;sometimes very consciously...as we wonder about many things...as we worry about our family/money/health..as we analyse what we think we need to do/know. As humans We THINK! And thinking usually results in action. Mahatma Gandhi quotes
“A man is but the product of his thoughts what he thinks, he becomes.” This is so true.

I love the hymn by Kate Wilkinson Music: Arthur Barham-Gould. 1925: May the mind of Christ my saviour

May the mind of Christ, my Savior,
Live in me from day to day,
By His love and power controlling
All I do and say.

May the Word of God dwell richly
In my heart from hour to hour,
So that all may see I triumph
Only through His power.

May the peace of God my Father
Rule my life in everything,
That I may be calm to comfort
Sick and sorrowing.

May the love of Jesus fill me
As the waters fill the sea;
Him exalting, self abasing,
This is victory.

May I run the race before me,
Strong and brave to face the foe,
Looking only unto Jesus
As I onward go.

May His beauty rest upon me,
As I seek the lost to win,
And may they forget the channel,
Seeing only Him.


Here is a nice arrangement on U tube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8cHP6aneis

It's my prayer the the mind of Christ may dwell richly in your heart and mine. What a joy to think on Christ...to run the race looking to Christ...to seek only him...to seek the lost. What a thought!

4 comments:

  1. good start....but will you finish the race? i thought you were going to have a flicker not a blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. well i can have both! Yes the race will be finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the blogging world! We'll see you on Flickr too - with lots of good photos. You'll maybe be a better blogger than Mr Kee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting Kate Wilkinson's beautiful hymn. Today, as I write, is the 151st anniversary of her birth. If you'd like to read more about this and other hymns, I invite you to check out my daily blog on the subject, Wordwise Hymns. God bless.

    ReplyDelete