Friday 5 February 2010

Aren't they lovely when they're asleep?


As my child is currently asleep(and I can have a cup of coffee and ponder!), today i thought i would enlighten you who are parents or will be in the future on a great book about parenting I read before my little girl was born. It's short and could be read in no time at all i.e. 30mins, so no excuses. It's written by Ann Benton a mother, author and lecturer. It's divided into 6 key concepts of parenting : Accept, beware, communicate, discipline, evaluate and fear the Lord. It is very practical and contains examples of how to apply these concepts to your child/children. I know I found this book very enlightening and it especially makes you think about how your parents' parenting style has an impact on how you think and act as a parent, how you can develop unhelpful practices and how the Bible can help us understand our children and role as a parent. A well worth read and i will not spoil it by telling you any more. I recommend you read it and find out for yourselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment