Tuesday 11 May 2010

Babylon

Today i thought I would share some thoughts about what I've been reading from my Bible notes. It was a real challenge. Some people after the flood moved east Genesis 11 said and they decided they would build a tower and as it said in my ESV translation "make a name for ourselves". But God had other ideas and if you read on you can see that Babylon did not end up in a good way. Revelation 18 explains about the end of Babylon. It's very scary reading. This got me thinking...how are we any better? trying to make a name for ourselves instead of serving our saviour, our creator. And my thinking produced a poem/song. Read the passage in Genesis 11 v1-9 and Revelation and 18 and see what you think yourself.


I am Lord


I am Lord and King of all
Of all things both great and small.
I formed the trees so green and tall
And the unborn babies small.

Yet I weep and mourn the loss
Of my people who have tossed
My word, my hope for all the lost
For a lie the world has taught.

Many people they are working
Working hard all day and night
For the dream that’s just in sight
Trusting hard in their own might.

My people you are mine
Everyone of all mankind.
I created you to glorify me
Why do you get drunk on wine?

So I weep and mourn the loss
Of a people whom I love.
Yes I died upon the cross
To seek and save the Lost.

I am Lord and King of all.
Of all things both great and small.
Come near and taste and see.
Oh see that I am good.

No comments:

Post a Comment